Thursday, January 4, 2018

What kind of teacher am I?

I am a teacher who cares first and foremost about my students happiness. I have a care plan; not a discipline plan, and it shows in my classroom. I want my students to know me as someone who cares about them as more than a number, more than a test score, more than The Class of ___. My students are my children and my philosophy is simple: I want to be the kind of teacher that I want my own children to have. I do believe in Karma, and I believe that if I show my students I care about them then someone will show my children that they are cared for in the 8 hours a day they spend at school. At the end of the year, I want my students to be known for their kindness, their compassion and their ability to collaborate.

I teach with the 4 C's in mind always. My students are collaborative, critical thinkers, creative, and able to communicate in analog and digital ways. These are skills I hope they continue to develop even when no one is pushing them to because these are skills that they will need to be successful on their own. I am in constant communication with others in my grade level, content, and all aspects of education to make sure that I am doing the best I can for my students. I use Twitter as my number one source of PD and my first go to when I have a question. I use FB sites filled with teachers across the world willing to share their ideas at no cost. And not only do I "steal" ideas from others, I share them just as much.

I want to be a teacher who delivers content and teaches students.

No comments:

Post a Comment