Thursday, March 5, 2015

Kindness Matters

I have been feeling a little crabby lately.  I have noticed that I'm not myself and I have found myself apologizing to people a lot lately: for my poor attitude, for complaining, for not keeping my words filtered. I am typically a very optimistic, outgoing, friendly person. But lately, I feel sort of negative. And I do not like it!

Yesterday I did a lot of reflecting on my current attitude and I realized that I need an attitude adjustment. I made a silent promise (now written for the world, or the 2 people who read my blog, to see) that I would have a better attitude and that I would think 3 things before I speak: What's my motive for saying this? Will my words build someone up or tear someone down? Is it confidential? (Mark Merrill blog).  

So this morning I put my thoughts into action and I went to do my first duty of the day, cafeteria watch! I am not only one of the first people my staff sees, but one of the first people students see as they come in for breakfast. This fact alone makes it even more important for me to get back to my old, happy ways.  I have the ability to set the climate for the day.  So I was happy this morning! I was my usual chipper self and decided that the things I've been upset about are out of my control and should not determine that I have a bad day. So I chose a positive attitude this morning.  And you know what??  I feel good!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment