Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Winding down-Gearing up!

I'm trying to get into back to school mode by being awake at 5:30 in the morning.  I forget how relaxing and peaceful this time of day is in my typically noisy house.

Yesterday seemed to be the perfect wake-up call that summer is "over".  It rained ALL day... and I didn't mind one bit! This summer has been one of the best yet; though I think I say that every summer.  My family had an awesome vacation to LA and my husband and I just got back from a much-needed, adult-only trip to Ft. Myers beach.  In between trips we had baseball, out-of-town visitors, sleepovers, and gorgeous weather!! Someone just reminded me of a beautifull quote by Dr. Seuss: "Don't cry because it's over; Smile because it happened."  I think these are words to live by as the lazy days of summer wind down and the chaos of routine gears ups.

Tony, Mia and Gio are starting 2nd grade this year! Where has the time gone?! My wish for them is to have positive memories of adults who make a positive impact on their daily lives. When we send our kids to school, we are trusting the adults who influence them for 8 hours a day will be role models.  This year, in addition to the 3 R's, I wish for my kids to learn kindness, compassion, tolerance and respect for all: nature and man alike.

Welcome to the 2012-2013 school year! May it be the best ever!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed to hear - that quote from Dr. Seuss! (I just hopped over to Pinterest and found the quote to remember it!)

    I'm also trying to get back to an earlier routine and trying to accomplish more in the early mornings. It's a crazy time of year, but once a new routine it set, the year will (unfortunately?) fly by!

    So glad you enjoyed your summer and many get-a-ways! How wonderful! Best of luck as the new year begins!

    ReplyDelete