Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ahhh... it's summer

It's summer here in NE Ohio, though it feels like the spring we didn't get.  I took my kids to the pool today for what was supposed to be a joyous swimming occasion.  However, after enduring swim lessons and staying for only 2 sessions, we headed back home.  It was chilly!! And cloudy!! And that's no good for my suntan, eh, I mean my kids swimming experience.  ;)

However, the day was not a bust. I ended up with an additional 3 kids in my home for a grand total of 6 children ages 8 and under.  And I don't mind it one bit! I couldn't give them the great summer's day at the pool that we all wanted, but I could allow them to bring their pool friends home so they could still have fun. 

I LOVE summer!! I love the last minute playdates that I'm able to provide since I'm home for these 9 weeks.  I LOVE being here when they wake up and I LOVE our relaxing mornings.  I LOVE making lunch for my kids and as a bonus, eating with them.  I LOVE cooking dinner; not a rushed dinner(see previous post bag o'dinner) or a crock pot meal, but a fresh from the oven/off the grill dinner. I just LOVE summer!

So for today, even though the sun isn't shining and it's not 98 degrees, I will enjoy this beautiful summer day... beautiful b/c I'm home with my family and there's nowhere I'd rather be right now.

1 comment:

  1. True summer love shines through. In our profession we are blessed with still being able to have a long summer vacation. Enjoy every twist and turn!

    ReplyDelete