Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bag 'O Dinner

I enjoy cooking! It's relaxing to me to chop, mix, stir, pound, sift, heat, repeat.

Tonight's dinner was different. I cooked it all in plastic bags. (Is that healthy?) The pork chops were fresh, the broccoli was fresh; I just took the easy way out of cooking them.

I bought a seasoning mix for the pork chops.  Something like bag 'n bake.  I steamed the broccoli in another bag.  It struck me as a very strange thing to cook my meal in plastic bags: one went into the oven the other into the microwave. 

All I could think was, "My mom and Nana would not be happy to see me cooking this way."

But it was delicious!! I don't plan to make this something I do often.  But the kids and my husband devoured it all.  So maybe there's something to be said for the plastic bag o' dinner business?

On a side note:  The salad was filled with fresh vegetables and the mashed potatos were 100% homemade.   

2 comments:

  1. No guilt allowed :) Sounds like a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued! Not being a cook myself, dinner in a bag usually means fast food. I'm glad to hear there is another (sounds healthier) option!

    ReplyDelete