Friday, March 16, 2012

It's A Job

It's FRIDAY!!! The sun is shining and tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day!! I am ready for the weekend!

This past Tuesday our principal announced that he would be leaving us here at the Middle School to become principal at a district elementary school where the current principal is retiring.  This wouldn't come as such a shock to our staff IF he wasn't the SEVENTH principal to leave us in my 12 years here.  Our administrative turnover is great, though our staff turnover is not.  What that means to me is that even though we go through administrators like water, our staff continues to plug along and get the job done.  Though there's stress in the hallways, in the confines of our classrooms we continue to do what's best for kids.  And our consistent Excellent rating shows it.

Yesterday when I heard a staff member say "It's just a job" it resonated within me.  It isn't "just" a job to me.  It's kids and our future.  This teacher is one who I admire greatly!! She is a hard worker in her SpEd classroom and I know those were words of frustration.  So I hope she too will enjoy the sunshine and use the weekend to relax, then come back to her "job" realizing what an impact she has on kids and how much they need her.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend...
    The job of heart and soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was out of frustration because no teacher becomes a teacher because it's for a job! We fight hard for our jobs and to do what is best for students. Hopefully, administration is taking note regarding the high turnover . . . it's hard to keep working when the leadership is always changing, but it sounds like the teachers are doing great things! Keep up the faith!

    ReplyDelete