Thursday, March 8, 2012

Writer's Block

I'm just not feeling the inspiration tonight, blog world. I'm afraid I'm at a loss for words let alone complete thoughts. I was home today with a sick child. It was nice to snuggle and watch movies all day. But as I'm sure we'd all agree, it's no fun to see our children feeling badly.  My son said to me today, "I wish I was sneezing more and coughing less 'cuz the coughing hurts."  Awww... I just want to make him feel better.

When the kids were 2, almost 3, they all got rotovirus... at the same time!! My daughter was able to avoid the hospital, but both boys were admitted due to dehydration. One was in the hospital Monday-Thursday, and the other Wednesday-Sunday.  Wednesday night they let the boys share a room. That was sweet.  It was a rough week.  I only left their side when my husband could be there so I could go home to see my daughter. I only slept at home once that week.  The rest of the time I was holding the boys just trying to make them feel better.  In hindsight, it was a relaxing, albeit stressful week, and I got to spend some real quality time rocking my children.  There are points of that horrific week that I will always cherish:  the time that I just got to be their mom and nothing else mattered.

This too shall pass.  Soon he'll feel better and I'll go back to worrying about test prep and encouraging struggling readers.  For tonight, I'll hold my sick child.

5 comments:

  1. Hold them, hold them, hold them. I love how you had time to reflect and remember. These are the moments to remember. Glad you had time to cherish with you son (and I hope he feels better soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to sit back and take it all in. Today was your day. It gave you time to think back and even though the kids were ill in the hospital, you got to be there for them. That's what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love when the kids were sick and just wanted to cuddle... So sweet. I am loving your blog! You gotta let me link it in my blogroll because then I can see when you update. Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I would love for you to link it. How do I let you do that? :-)

      Delete
  4. There are moments when being the mom is incredible, and then there are the times we need to search hard for the silver lining. May you always have cuddle time! Hope everyone feels better soon!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete