Sunday, March 18, 2012

Music to My Ears

My husband is reading to my children as I type this.  I love the way the kids are crowded atound him listening to the story of Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel. 

When I was pregnant, on bedrest, and very very large, my husband read stories to my belly.  It was so sweet but not totally surprising because that's the kind of guy he is. We are both avid readers and reading and writing play a huge role in both of our careers, so having children who enjoy books as much as we do is not only important, but beautiful.  What's better... their love comes from a personal want to read, not becasue we make them read.

So instead of writing more tonight, I'm going to listen to him reading to the kids before bed.

Have a great week ahead, everyone!!   :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a great post--and I'm glad you stopped so you could be part of story time. I miss the days when our kids piled onto our laps for stories. They're older now, but still avid readers and I do read aloud snippets to them now and again.

    ReplyDelete